Monday, June 13, 2011

Started my internship..

I have been in sensory overload and wondering how to digest all of these amazing moments. The weekend was spent getting adjusted to the time difference and the huge climate change ..actually reminds me of Chicago on those humid days we get with 100 degree heat,but now imagine without air- conditioning..but not complaining only witnessing how attached I am to my comfort.
Sat. was spent trying to find a new place to live that has wifi connection..I could only get a connection if I hung out in thin lobby.There I was screaming into my IPad trying to hear Colby on Skype. Late into the evening as four weddings were simultaneously going on in the courtyard and in the surrounding area!
I was being welcomed by members of the wedding party to meet the various. Families, and I had to explain that I was not comfortable being included in the photo shoot! Everyone gave me their business cards and made me promise to stay in touch..talk about a friendly county..anyway,the hotel was only filled with local business men so I feel better now in my own small apartment. Just have to figure out how to eat since cooking here is a challenge and can't eat any uncooked vegetables and fruit.
I spent the day on Sunday traveling to the coast of the Indian Ocean and to visit the Temple at Mamallpuram..what an amazing experience to see this holy spot and walk into the sacred space that was originally built in the 4th century..One's life gets very small in comparison to time ..to walk into the altar of these God's and feel the strength of their timeless presence.
I started my internship today..from 9:00am6:00pm.everyday except Sun. I will be observing the yoga therapists in their private sessions with their "care seeker" . What a fascinating experience to be able to sit in and learn all the ways they apply the tools. I am humble and yet comfortable to be in the room while the lesson is being created..most do not speak English..so I am using my eyes.. listening to
tone of the voices and watching the breath..the key to all of this work.. each day will offer another opportunity to grow..













- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment