Friday, July 19, 2013

Pausing for reflection..before the doorway..

Life moves forward..life is movement and just like the walkway at the airport..one better be prepared to move quickly or be pushed aside by impatient travelers. Once on the walkway one can stand to the side and allow the movement to take you on the forward ride..one could struggle to turn around and go backward..but to accept the ride is to let go of resistance. Today, I want to move slowly and linger in the taste of memory as life moves forward. My mom got off the walkway of life and time has a habit of moving but my heart wants to pause and hit rewind on the remote..Today, I am returning to my parents house, a home they built together in their 61 years of marriage. A life filled with a of collection of great stuff., My mother was never a hoarder, she was however the proud record keeper of my life. My history,my story is in that home which tomorrow I will start dismantling and packing up the memories as we move my dad out. Mom saved everything. In all her dresser drawers, she saved the moments of my life. Since I spent so many years as the gypsy moth fluttering from place to place, brilliant in letting go and traveling light. But my sweet mother held together the stable roots of my existence by being the home base of my soul. I could land into her warm and comforting arms and she would also say, "Laura Jane, ( in that rich southern drawl), you can always come home to rest". And that is what I did. Every time, I needed to withdraw from the hectic "Vata" pace of my "doing" mind, I would fall into the comfort of my parents haven in the woods of Conn. There I was only "daughter", I could dance into the rhythm of my heart and listen to the comfort of just being. I am grieving today; life moves forward and must move on. Dad is going into his new home, an assisted living facility, and the moving company will arrive and take the needed furniture..but what to do with all the sweet cards, momentous pictures, books with underlined pencil marks highlighting what my mother felt important..and what to do with my soul that is loosing the only childhood roots that keep me tied to the East Coast? Sweet rich memories that I am forever grateful to have lived!
I wrote that post last Dec. and never mailed it..this past June, we sold the house. Today, some of those lasting treasures are in my own home ..my daughter might want them one day, but I doubt it, since value changes with attachment..for me, they are a daily reminder of my gentle mom saying to me.."slow down, Laura Jane, life is moving too fast..enjoy the beauty." Things are just things..but we give meaning to them..I am forever blessed to hold only the appreciation..the gripping does not serve..and the gift of letting go is to welcome my new beginning!! A new doorway is being presented and I am entering NOW. I will be sharing in future posts this week.
Blessings and be gentle with your hearts for life is always moving us forward. And letting go is tough work for the mind! We must relax more, release the grip and just keep the hearts open!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Airport..on the walkway of life

No comments:

Post a Comment