Tuesday, June 28, 2011

The constant practice of " becoming"

Three years ago, I had set an intention that the teachings of yoga had to go deeper..and having started this massive journey into the the healing yoga of Krishnamacharya two years prior..I knew that there had to be other qualified teachers. So we started our first training in the Chicago area..the last module was this past weekend..so proud of everyone of them,for this was not an easy two and half year commitment..They had a closing ceremony this past weekend and my only regret..I was here in India and not sharing the closure of this incredible endeavor of group energy..but that is the sweetness as well. Sometimes, life presents through us. The beginning of the seed is planted; we then water that small plant, we care for it, pruning it with constant nourishment.. then we move on before the harvest... allowing the fruit to be enjoyed without us..It can be bittersweet at times. I find I do so much of the invisible work..that I am on to the next project to begin the seed planting again. Here, I have waited so many years to finally get to India..and the only time, they could schedule me was during the month of June...I realized I would be missing something very dear to my heart..but the actual experience of letting go, is the true teachings of this trip..My ego might assume it is what I am going to get , but my heart knows..it is my willingness to let go of what I know.. And just " become". I had to make hard choices..and yet, following the heart is never easy.
They say, the third week brings in the fatigue and the longing for familiar..I can say, it has been challenging!! I miss my family and my dogs!..Colby is not big on conversations, and my IPad does not Skype very well. So the distance is playing on my mind. I know that this too, shall move through, and the residue of love will mingle with my sweet memories. They are implanted in my soul and all too soon..there will be new seeds to plant and sow..


The phrase " to meditate" does not only mean to examine,observe,reflect,question,weigh; it also has, in the Sanskrit,a more profound meaning,which is " to become" ...
J.Krishnamurti

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment