Friday, June 17, 2011

The smell of Jasmine..

Everywhere the scent of fresh jasmine..how sweet. The women wrap their hair in garlands of fresh jasmine; and I will forever hold this memory of scent. What a perfume that mingles with the air..India is a collage of contrasts..from the extremes of poverty and despair on the streets, abandon dogs, lonely old men,hungry babies, cows eating the garbage on the streets,to this sweet girl selling her magic. The kindness of people is apparent everywhere in their genuine smiles. And sometimes, I am reminded that loving kindness is our natural state of being. We forget in our hectic lives that human nature longs for the simple connections of a smile..without any words..the eyes say more..the heart is heard and I will forever remember Jasmine. Inhale..exhale..jasmine fills my soul.




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



1 comment:

  1. I am smiling...and breathing. I can catch the scent of the jasmine.

    Blessings, Deborah

    ReplyDelete