Sunday, July 8, 2012

The beauty of Sraddha..

I have had such amazing days soaking in the immersion of all these teachings. I have been so honored to have had this opportunity to learn from such gifted and dedicated teachers. I was given a one-on-one private session on the Sutras last week, with the most beautiful and passionate soul. I did not get to know her last summer, so my experience took me to a new place of respect for the vast knowledge and passion these teachers hold. I came to learn and I want to soak in every bit of understanding they can impart for me and I want to be able to then share it in how I live my life..yoga for me is a way of life. If I can digest,assimilate and then allow these teaching to be observed in my life, then I am living my Dharma.
This sweet "elf" of a teacher..glowed when she spoke and had a twinkle that radiated though me..I think I feel in love with a spirit that so reminded me of my mother..not at all physically but her joy was so full and contagious..I just wanted to giggle with her..the devotion she had was electric!! I am still smiling.
It is not often we come into this kind of love, but as she spoke I felt every bit of her soul engaging in her attention to me..and all she wanted to do was nourish me with the teachings that poured out. Her chanting of the sutras was felt at the deepest layer of Knowing.
She said that if I wanted to share the Sutras, I had to express them through my own experiences and share not the intellect,but the feeling behind the words..sutra 1.20
" Sraddha virya smrti samadhi prajna purvaka itaresam."
One could speak endless on this one sound..sraddha..conviction..which means something to the intellect ,yet the way she shared the essence of it actually made me FEEL it.. "Sraddha is the mother that protects you, whoever has this "sraddha" will be protected like a mother protecting her child". ...that strength, that love..that conviction a mother has to protect her child will be what protects the one that holds the essence of this Faith in their heart..not learned, but earned through the effort of the practice and the commitment to it..the attachment to the outcome is not the goal..the conviction in the heart is the Source or the fullness of this feeling..what a force of fearlessness when one carries the sword of sraddha..only the fullness of that love. The link is made to this Light ..one can have a little sraddha..but the more one has..the closer we are to that Divine Grace. I felt so connected to her and knew the depth of this feeling. I am safe..this comfort has no language. I am just grateful to be moving in this direction..
To trust takes courage, but that courage arises from the sraddha ...practice will move the mind out of the way..and open the heart to this quality of Knowing..this inner conviction to live your Truth..the means to this is yoga..to know yourself is freedom..the goal of yoga..OM shanti...Please just keep practicing and have great joy knowing you are all on the path..the journey is the fun part if we just live it!!
I am going to be sharing more pictures soon...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:KYM

No comments:

Post a Comment