Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Alive in the fullness of the senses

The day began with my practice..I so needed some pranayama since the jet lag is causing havoc with my system..woke at 1:30am and by 5:00am, I was still battling my active and over-tired thoughts. I don't think 8 ever actually slept! Yet somehow was able to really make the best of this first full day of teaching..yes, I got to actually teach some of the students today. I have come to the conclusion that the universal problem or issue of illness arises out of a " disturbed mind" ..in other words..we are all suffering from anxiety which leads to the great collapse of the immune and leads to the "dullness" of the mind..depression. I marvel at how creating the focus and working with the different breath ratios and introducing a chosen chant can actually bring amazing relief to a student's pain..nothing better than seeing the joy meter go up when the session is over.I think it is just the need for humanity to restore the heart to heart connection... I saw five students today and feel that I am back into the groove..I was welcomed back as if no time has passed and I felt the pulse of this special place once again feeding my soul. I never tire of meeting new people and enjoying the magic of witnessing their True Self come out to play. Now the key is to get the student to do their given practice and be consistent with it..nothing changes unless something changes! Everywhere we want the goal..but effort made will be the gift..I don't know the outcome of this huge journey..but I do know the effort is there and it is filling my heart...Another year and still missing those fireworks!, Happy July 4th.


The KYM..students all over the world come to learn and to grow.I love to be the student and in the Grace of humility. The ego admitting, "I know nothing"..except I am here..





My practice place..love the light early in the morning..my room in India.


The contrast of the senses..ahh those smells..back in the sent of India..


Yet, the beauty of the smiles..light up the world. The eyes take in the vibrant colors
The heart takes in the touch of the air..so hot, so sweet..the ears fill with the traffic sounds..and the street noise of life..


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad






Location:My morning walk to the KYM. ..my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment